Monday, June 28, 2010

Lee and Ipad Class

Today, I made a reservation to take an "Ipad Tour" class at the Apple Store. Probably should have research it more carefully because when I there you didn't need an appointment and could just drop in.

Having said that, it was good for me. The presenter did a pretty quick overview of many of the tricks of the Pad, some of which I somewhat already knew and a number of things that I didn't. One neat one is that when you scroll down a number of pages in a document or such, you don't need to scroll all the way back to the beginning. You just tap the clock numbers at the top of the page and it takes you all the way back to the top.

So, is it worth it for others to attend, I doubt it because I think most are beyond me, already. But, it was worth it for me. Actually, once there becomes a more critical mass of Ipads at school, John could do an intermediate class that would be very helpful.

As an aside, I decided to only bring my Pad home tonight and leave my computer at school as an experiment. I have only been home a little while but I can already see why the Pad is not a computer. I have limited access to ICal, I can't charge my IPhone with the Pad so have to find other sources, I can't synch my phone, well, you get my drift. I can see that the computer serves as the Mother Ship for a lot of things that the Pad can't replicate.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment