Thursday, June 24, 2010

The advantage of battery life

So i have been in workshop sessions all week, and have had my macbook ready to go at all times. And on occasion, i have needed to break it out in order to try things out in final site, which does not behave with safari, and thus does not work with the iPad (for admin purposes).

However, for the majority of my work, I have taken notes using Penultimate with my stylus on the iPad. I have also had it available to read news, rss feeds, create and respond to emails, get on the web, etc. I think the key point is that while my Mac would need to plug in after a couple of hours, the iPad lasts all day, literally.

Speaking of battery life, it's nice to be able to watch a movie on the plane!

On the downside there are still certain functions that need work. Would love to be able to download from within safari. There are other ways around this, like good reader, which can download a pdf file from the internet using the URL. But I would like it all to take place within one app. I think we'll get there, just a matter of time.

Oh, just a note about final site. iPhone and iPad app are in development, which will allow parents/students/teachers to have access to the school website in a format built for the mobile platform. Looks very cool in beta so far.

See you all soon.

- John

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment